Monday 19 November 2012

Man, 30, Rapes 14-Month-Old Niece


It was another shocking sight at a residence in Jikwoyi, an Abuja suburb, where a man who simply gave his name as Mr. Peters, disclosed at the weekend, that his 30 year old younger brother raped his 14 months old daughter.
According to sources, the mother of the child normally leaves the baby, name (withheld) with her husband’s younger brother, Steve (not real name) who currently stays with them any time she goes to the market.
Steve, it was gathered, came to Abuja in search of greener pastures and has been living with his elder brother for about six months now searching for a job.
When LEADERSHIP visited the family’s residence, the victim’s mother who was simply identified as Mama Rose, told our reporters that she could not describe the pain in her heart.
The woman who broke down in tears as she narrated the ordeal of her daughter, said: “On that fateful day, I left my baby with her uncle as I usually do when I go to the market to get some things. I got back home, prepared our dinner and fed my baby. After feeding her, I decided to bath her. When I was washing her bottom she cried profusely. I was confused; I didn’t know why she was crying like that.
‘’When my husband came back, I told him about it and we took her to the hospital where it was confirmed she has been raped. Since I know I leave her with her uncle anytime I am going out, I confronted my husband’s younger brother who denied at first. But when the family intervened, he confessed to the act.’’
A neighbour who craved anonymity told LEADERSHIP that she suspected something was wrong when she heard the baby crying profusely on that fateful day. She said she went in to see what was wrong but Steve told her to mind her business.
When our reporter sought to know from Steve why he would indulge in such act, he declined to comment.
As at the time of filling the report, the matter was yet to be reported to the police as it was being treated as a family matter.
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/40457/2012/11/19/man_30_rapes_14monthold_niece.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

g

g

Total Pageviews

Followers

Followers

Footer